Children’s Dentistry – Coeur d’ Alene, ID
Healthy and Beautiful Teeth for Children
There are two primary ways to protect your child’s oral health: to teach and encourage the maintenance of good habits early and by partnering with your children’s dentist in Coeur d’ Alene in identifying and correcting any problems. At Orban Family Dental, we can meet all your child’s oral health needs in a relaxed and comfortable environment. Now is the time to take action and protect your child, and it starts by simply contacting us today to schedule the first visit!
Why Your Child Needs to Learn Good Habits
One of the most prevalent oral health conditions facing Americans is gum disease, as the majority of the adult population in America has some form of it. According to survey results and data collected from other research, many people in this group have a history of cavities and other untreated dental issues that started in their childhood. Our goal, then, is to help children set a positive trajectory for their oral health future by working with parents to instill the right habits early in life.
Here are some of the healthy practices we promote at our Coeur d’ Alene office:
- Monitoring the consumption of sugar
- Eating natural foods like fruits and vegetables
- Brushing and flossing at least two times a day
- Maintaining regular visits for cleanings and examinations
How We Help to Create Comfort
For many children, the first visit to the dentist can be a scary affair. To prevent any anxiety, we have created a warm and inviting atmosphere at our office, which includes friendly staff members, an area for children to play and a brightly-colored and clean facility. Instead of your child dreading dental appointments, we strive to leave him or her eager to visit our office again. This is an important step in building a positive habit forming and the maintenance of dental care visits in the future.
The Key Benefits of Children’s Dental Visits
If you’re wondering what exactly your child stands to gain by visiting our office, then here are some of the key benefits:
- Sealants – Because children can sometimes be more liberal in their food selection and lenient in their oral hygiene practices, they can be subject to bacteria growth. Dental sealants are like raincoats for their teeth, helping to prevent cavity development.
- Fluoride Treatment – Another way to lessen the chances of tooth decay is for us to provide fluoride treatment for your child’s teeth. The naturally-occurring mineral helps to strengthen the enamel.
- Expert Guidance – Along with his trained staff, Dr. Orban will provide important pointers to you and your child involving such things as oral hygiene techniques, product selection and diet adjustments.
When you put all these components together, you have a recipe for a life of healthy teeth and gums ahead, which will also contribute to your child’s total wellness. To take advantage of this opportunity, contact us today to schedule the first visit!