You want your smile to be memorable, but not for the wrong reasons. Therefore, if you have gapped, crooked, crowded, chipped or stained teeth, you run the risk of making a poor impression on the people you meet. The good news is your local cosmetic dentist offers an excellent solution: porcelain veneers in Coeur d’ Alene. As you continue reading, learn what the process entails and how the placement of porcelain veneers can take your smile and confidence to new heights!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are razor-thin shells that are crafted from high-quality ceramics. Their purpose is to mask the above-mentioned flaws that affect the front-facing teeth. Porcelain is an often-used material for cosmetic dental procedures because of its close resemblance to the natural teeth in strength, texture and color. Therefore, when you receive a set of porcelain veneers, you’ll be left with a smile that looks like you were born with it.
How the Porcelain Veneers Process Works
Your path to smile perfection involves a two-visit process. Here is what you can typically expect to happen:
- Numbing – If you have a history of tooth sensitivity, then you should bring it to your cosmetic dentist’s attention so you can receive a numbing medication prior to the procedure starting.
- Tooth Preparation – Each tooth is prepared by removing a thin layer of enamel so the veneers can fit properly and mesh well with your smile line.
- Bite Impressions – Next, bite impressions are taken and used to create a custom smile plan.
- Placement of Temporary Veneers – The information that is gathered is sent to an in-network lab that will fabricate the permanent veneers. Meanwhile, you’ll be fitted with a temporary set of veneers to protect your teeth from any damage.
- Placement of Permanent Veneers – When your permanent set of veneers is ready, you’ll be invited back to your cosmetic dentist’s office to have them securely placed and your smile revamped.
The Benefits of Receiving Porcelain Veneers
In addition to gaining a gorgeous smile, there are other perks to receiving porcelain veneers. For starters, they create an even bite that allows you to better digest your food. Another benefit is that you’ll enjoy improved pronunciation with your newly aligned teeth.
New research has also shown a correlation between feeling better about yourself and improved health. This can be partly attributed to the release of such hormones as endorphins, oxytocin, serotonin and dopamine, which can have positive effects on your mind and body. So that means you stand to win all-around when you receive a custom set of porcelain veneers.
To get on the path to smile excellence, contact your cosmetic dentist in Coeur d’ Alene!
About the Author
Since graduating from Loma Linda University, Dr. Filip Orban has been on a quest to create beautiful and healthy smiles. As part of his commitment to excellence, he takes continuing education courses, which includes recent intensive training from the Kois Institute Seattle, WA. Dr. Orban also maintains professional membership with such organizations as the Academy of General Dentistry and the Idaho State Dental Association. He creates gorgeous smiles by placing porcelain veneers at Oran Family Dental, and he can be reached for more information through his website.