Meet Your Coeur D'Alene Dentist
Dr. Filip Orban
Dr. Orban decided to become a dentist when he was in the sixth grade, and he hasn’t changed his mind since then! He earned his Bachelor of Arts in Biology (with a minor in chemistry) from Southern Adventist University before moving on to achieve his Doctor of Dental Surgery at the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. He is licensed to practice in both Idaho and Washington State, and he is a member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Idaho State Dental Association
- Idaho Panhandle Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Implant Northwest Study Club
When he was still practicing in the Silver Valley, he earned the Best Dentist honor in 2013 and 2014. He was also listed among “America’s Top Dentists” by Consumers Research of America in 2016.
Dr. Orban truly cares for his patients and he loves watching them make decisions towards achieving overall oral health and happiness. Taking people out of pain and giving them back their smile is always a wonderful feeling! Community service opportunities are also important to him, and he’s participated in several, including:
- Providing free dental care for veterans on Veteran’s Day two years in a row.
- Volunteering at Pathways to Health, hosted on Spokane fairgrounds in 2015.
- Volunteering on an Indian reservation in La Vida New Mexico.
- Volunteering at the MEND (Meet Each Need with Dignity) in Los Angeles, CA.
- Being in charge of the dental clinic on a 2016 Mission Trip to Guatemala.
- Supporting countless local school projects.
Dr. Orban has been happily married to Manuela, a nurse practitioner, for five years. They enjoy cars, golf, hiking, camping, traveling, going to church, and participating on mission trips.